Tuesday, March 17, 2009

While in Nome...

I was really excited about being in Nome because Bob decided to fly out for the Finish. He got in around Noon and we were able to have lunch. After I finished with my work for the day, he & I had dinner and then hung out with some of his friends with the AK Army National Guard. They volunteered to take us on a ride in a suvee -- basically a tank / suv that can go just about anywhere in any conditions.










We rode to an abandoned military site used during the Cold War to spy on Russians. It was incredibly beautiful from up there, but incredibly cold. The ground was frozen solid and I have no idea what the temperature was but we couldn't stay out in it very long.


The view of Nome from above!




On the ride home...

No comments: