

Unalakleet has little or no trees and wide open fields. We ventured out this morning for the village's annual ski race.


The winds coming off the Bering Sea are brutally cold! That's why many of the locals wear these elaborate fur coats.

Even with my sunglasses on, my eyes were really hurting today because the cloudy conditions made it super bright!

Bundled up! My poor cheeks were frozen!

Shirley & Me

Donna Erickson


I'm not sure who this man is, but as you can see, he's bundled up. Check out those mittens! I gotta get me a pair of those!


Since we beat mushers to Unalakleet, we had to make sure that we had a couple of stories in the can that could air at any time, since we are expected to turn a story each day. Before we left Anchorage, Carolyn & I caught up with the owner of a GPS company that's taking part in this year's Iditarod.


In a race that stretches 1,000 miles across the State of Alaska, Iditarod fans sometimes have a difficult time keeping track of where all the teams are... until now. Here's the story:
Working on the weekends has been a lot less stressful because we only have two newscasts on Saturday and Sunday (5pm & 10pm). I've had a little harder time being productive here in Unalakleet, though, because it's a little too comfortable.

I know that sounds crazy, considering we just came from working in a washeteria, but the Erickson's house is cozy and warm... sometimes a little too warm! I had heard from co-workers that many homes in villages keep the temperatures inside toasty and that's the case here. I get so warm, which makes me sleepy!! Haha! It is so hard to stay awake here!!




No comments:
Post a Comment