That song was stuck in my head all day Friday... as I sat at the Valley Bureau watching the flakes fall from the sky. Despite the warmer temperatures lately, some days have still hovered near freezing. According to the Nat'l Weather Service, it was the snowiest late April on record!
(Photo courtesy of Carolyn Hall)
But after I got off work, I had to brave the snow and head to Anchorage to help my dear friend Christina move out of her apartment. She's headed back to Texas (YAY!) to take a job with KCEN-TV as a reporter/producer (double YAY!). Unfortunately, we had to move furniture... and it was snowing... really hard. Let me tell ya -- there was already a good 12+ inches on the ground by time I got there. We piled her leftover furniture (a futon, mattress, TV, random smaller electronics) into either my car or Matt's friend Taylor's truck. What a fiasco! But we managed.
I ended up taking Christina to the airport... and felt a mixture of emotions dropping her off. I'm super excited for her, but sad she won't be here to hang out with. But Texas is where she wants to be, so more power to her! She's gonna kick arse and take names. I just know it.
Anywho, back to the snow... the Valley didn't get hit as hard as Anchorage. Thankfully, I still have studded tires on my car so the drive back home wasn't too bad. The roads were horrible and it snowed the entire time I was driving, but really, as crazy as it sounds, I LIKE snow. We didn't get nearly enough this winter, if you ask me. Hahaha.
By Sunday, the temperatures warmed up... melting the snow. Hooray for Springtime in Alaska!


2 comments:
Spring Time WOOT! It's a million degrees down here in Florida. My little air conditioner works itself to the Bone! 24/7.
- Your little brother
Matthew
I miss you so much!!! I love you and I WILL see you soon!
<3 whitney
Post a Comment