Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Skiing

Spent this past Saturday hanging out again at Alyeska, but this time, the weather was completely different -- the skies were clear and the sun was out, making it absolutely beautiful!! I met up with Carolyn and Angela (a fellow reporter at Ch2) in Anchorage and we carpooled down.



Angela had never been skiing, so she wanted to take a lesson, but unfortunately the rental line was way too long... so instead of a lesson, my friend Paul (he works in Sales at KMBQ Radio, which is where our Valley Bureau is) volunteered to teach Ang. And she quickly picked it up and was going down with us.



After a few hours, we took a break for lunch...



Afterward, Paul said he'd take us up to the top of the mountain to go on the "blue run." Angela said she was pretty worn out and decided to stay back. Neither of us girls have been skiing very long -- heck, it was Carolyn's 2nd time, my 3rd! -- but Carolyn jumped at the chance. She's a brave one!!! I was a little more hesitant but decided, why not? On the chair lift ride up, my fear started to set in and by time we got to the top, anxiety really set in... immediately after this photo:


Without going into all the details... as Carolyn can attest, this would take a while! Haha... I really struggled to get down the mountain. But all in all, it was one hell of a day. A great day!! I'm glad I got a taste of Alyeska this ski season and really look forward to next year.





No comments: