Monday, April 14, 2008

An Unexpected Invite

While checking my work e-mail account late last night, I discovered a message from the producer of an Anchorage morning radio show inviting me to be a guest. I was a little taken back by it, honestly, because the show can be controversial at times. I say this because we (Channel 2) have done stories about them... Haha... but the e-mail read:

Hi Lori,
My name is Jeremy Johnson I am the producer for the Bob and Mark Show here in Anchorage on 106.5 KWHL. Bob is very interested in having you as a guest on our show as soon as possible. Please contact me through e mail or on my cell as to what a good day and time would be for you. We are on the air form 6-10am Monday-Friday. Thanks for your time.
-- Jeremy "The Dude" Johnson


I e-mailed "The Dude" back and asked him WHY they're interested in having me on because their show doesn't really have a format. They just talk about whatever the hell they want to from day to day. And he wrote me back:

Lori - We're booking you because you're the good looking southern girl on Channel 2. How's that for substance in our reporting?! :) We'd like to have you on asap. When is a good time for you? Just call my cell and let me know thanks.
-- "The Dude"


I decided to ask JT if it was okay, so I sent him a quick e-mail (with the e-mails from KWHL attached) and told him I thought it would be a good opportunity to promote Channel 2, especially our Valley Bureau. He agreed but told me to be really careful about what I say because sometimes Bob & Mark can get a little wild and crazy. Haha.

Before I could e-mail "The Dude" back, Bob himself sent me a message:

Hi Lori. This is Bob from the Bob & Mark show. Here's the deal: You did a story on something and it was very interesting. I wanted you to come on my show and talk more about that story.

Thank you,
-Bob Lester
106.5 K-whale

p.s. Okay, so I was watching the news and I saw your face and had to figure out a way to meet you. Kind of lame...but it's the best I got. Plus I can get you Aces tickets if you ever want to go to a game.


Not sure when I'll be on... maybe later this week? We'll see. Yeah... we'll see.

2 comments:

bound said...

WOAH!!!!! Let me know when you're on!! I wanna listen!!! :) HAVE FUN!

War Eagle Atlanta said...

Wait a minute. How do they know you're a southern girl unless someone told them? You don't sound like you're from the south (any more)because I've seen your newscasts.

I guess that in Alaska the men quickly assemble dossiers on all women that move out there...