The Alaska Press Club hosts a yearly event called J-Week... or Journalism Week... which is really just a three day event filled with seminars and dinners and award ceremonies -- and a chance to mingle with others in the biz. People from all journalism related professions attend and the seminars/sessions are split up into different categories.
Since I had to work Friday, I missed all the seminars that day (Drat!) but made it to four of 'em on Saturday. From 9am until 6pm, I sat listening to lecture after lecture. I must admit, some made me snooze... but then, I was blown away with two seminars hosted by Boyd Huppert from KARE-TV in Minneapolis. He's absolutely amazing.... and such an inspiration!!!! After hearing him speak and watching some of his work samples, I just wanted to get to work telling stories. Seriously!
Below is one of Huppert's stories that aired a few years ago on the Today Show. Watch it!! (But grab a tissue before you do!)
"Storytelling is the highest form of journalism." ~ Boyd Huppert
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment