Monday, November 19, 2007

Movin' to the Valley

After several weeks of commuting back and forth to the Valley, I couldn't wait to find a place up there so I wouldn't have to be on the road so much. (Especially with winter & icy/slick roads.) I got on Craigslist for a couple weeks and was pulling my hair out, but I came home one night and decided to search again. Voila! A posting for a fully furnished home available through late March. The landlords are on a four month long vacation traveling through the southwest (must be nice, huh?). The rent is very affordable and I only pay half the utilities -- making it nearly $200 less than my Anchorage apartment -- plus, it's not that far from the Ch 2 Valley Bureau, and I'll be considered a local resident... which is the only way to really find out what's happening in the community. The house is settled in the woods but there are a few nearby neighbors. When I saw it, I immediately thought, "This is straight out of the tv show, Northern Exposure... or Men In Trees." Haha. It IS slightly rugged, but I really like it.

I spent this past weekend moving some items to the new place in the Valley. My lease in Anchorage isn't technically up until the end of this month, so I will be living in both places until next weekend.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad something has worked out well for you house-wise.