Friday, November 2, 2007

Feedback

Some days, while at work, I stop and ask myself, Am I doing this right? I think I know what I'm supposed to do... most of the time... but there's always those questions. Is this the right angle for this story? Am I being fair and voicing both sides? Who else should I try to interview? Do we have enough footage? Am I going to make deadline? (Oh, more on deadline later...)

There's a lot of pressure to make sure every detail in the story is accurate. People are watching -- I know because I get e-mails from viewers on practically every story I do... and I've had a couple of people stop me in the Valley and say, "Welcome! You're doing such a great job!"

So, after worrying -- which I seem to be doing a lot since I took this job... -- it was nice to see this message in my e-mail inbox from my boss, John Tracy (JT):

Lori, I know I haven't given you much positive feedback since you are up in the Valley now, but I do want you to know that you're meeting or exceeding my expectations on a daily basis. I really do appreciate your enthusiasm and dedication.

When we get some time, I'd like to go over some narration ideas. Just small stuff. Your delivery is pretty darned good.

Thanks,
JT


Maybe I AM doing it right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know I visited your blog page [whatever this site is called]. I haven't gotten to read anything yet because I'm slightly rushed right now. But I'll be back soon. I just made my own one of these thingies, but I haven't done much with it yet. Well, I'm off to work. Have a great day! :)

CJ said...

Lori, STOP WORRYING!!!!!!!!!

It's not good for the soul.

Not too many people get notes like that from their boss after only 1 month. So you are definitely doing things right.

Enjoy the ride! ;>)