Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On the Deshka

When I heard that the Kings (king salmon, that is) were running in some Mat-Su streams, I asked Bob if we could head North to go fishing. Bob coordinated with his friend Al who has a boat with a motor on it so we were able to go to the Deshka, which required going upstream... and it was a pretty chilly ride.





We got to the Deshka where there were already dozens of boats filled with fishermen.


After casting his line only 3 times, Bob caught a King. I should have taken a picture of the look on everyone's face who had been fishing for hours trying to get a King. Haha!


The daily catch limit is one, so Bob couldn't fish anymore...


And after fishing for a few hours, this is all I caught!


Al decided to take a break...


I didn't end up catching a King but we still had a great day. On the way back, I couldn't resist kicking back & relaxing.


Bob & his KING!

No comments: