Saturday, September 20, 2008

The British Are Coming!

"Palin mania" is attracting journalists from all over the world to the great state of Alaska. And last week, a crew from the British Broadcast Company, BBC, paid a visit to KWHL to interview Bob about the Palins. The three person crew told Bob they wanted to "experience" Alaska and share it with viewers abroad. I believe they were in town for two weeks and had the chance to do things like taking a moose hunting trip and visiting a taxidermist.

On Tuesday of last week, Bob and I decided to host a dinner party for a few of my co-workers for a celebration / goodbye for a couple of our photographers at Ch2. Zac celebrated his 23rd birthday and Carolyn was leaving for D.C. to cover the Senator Ted Stevens corruption trial (for 6 weeks! Sniffle.). It just so happened the night of our get-together was the last night the BBC folks were in town, so Bob invited them over as well.



We weren't exactly prepared for the birthday celebration, but luckily, Carolyn brought over the cake... and Bob improvised with the candles...





I sat and discussed politics with a lovely woman from London who explained why the world is so fascinated with this upcoming American election. It's always nice to meet people in the same line of work but from a different area of the world -- I was shocked to hear how relaxed their deadlines are compared to ours. All in all, it was a wonderful evening of good friends, good food (halibut!) & good wine.




I'm not sure what he's doing in this photo.... Haha...



And this was too funny not to post... Hahahahahaha!

No comments: