Monday, March 3, 2008

Iditarod Festivities

This past weekend, the Iditarod kicked-off in Anchorage on Saturday. I was summoned by my co-workers to help out at the annual Miner's & Trapper's Ball (it's Anchorage's own version of a Mardi Gras Ball) Saturday night, so I didn't want to brave the madness in downtown Anchorage until the evening. By the way, the Ball was WAY fun! And quite an experience. I helped emcee the Beard Contest with my co-worker Steve. Haha. One guy had a mustache that measured 22 inches long... and he waxed it to where it was completely straight out horizontally. It looked so funny! Oh, and we crowned Mr. Fur Face 2008.

The Anchorage Daily News posted a photo on their website of my boss John Tracy who plays in a local band that performed at the Ball. Man, they were so good!!! My jaw dropped when I saw JT on stage singing and dancing around. Haha. So awesome!

No comments: