Thursday, February 21, 2008

Update on LIFE

A message from Sally made me realize that it had been a month since my last post... My, how time flies by! I blink and it's gone. I guess that's a good sign, right? Haha. Hmmm.

The weather here has been much warmer than usual. A steady 40+ degrees last week, along with rain, has unfortunately melted nearly all of the snow. Or it has turned it to an icy slush that's horrible to walk on (especially in parking lots). And it has ruined skiing!!! I wanted to go to Alyeska this weekend but it's just too warm. I've been told it often does this in February and messes up the start of the Iditarod... but then snows again later in March.

Work is keeping me busy, but I'm enjoying it. Every day is a new learning experience and I am soaking it all in. I've been spending most of my days at the Valley Bureau, but the photographer I worked with - Kris Riley- quit on Super Tuesday. For the meantime, I'm working with a photographer named Phil who also lives in Wasilla. According to my boss, it's just a temporary fix until they find someone to replace Kris, which could take a while.

Aside from work, life is good. I'm single again. (Long story that I really would rather not go into...) But I'm doing just fine. I am about to move (yet again) from Wasilla to a small farming community called Palmer. It's about 10 miles from the Valley Bureau. I lucked up and found a cheap, furnished efficiency apartment right in downtown Palmer where I can walk everywhere. It's right next to the post office, grocery stores, restaurants, etc. And I am so super excited about it 'cause I've always wanted to live in a quaint, quiet downtown area connected to the essential stores by a sidewalk system! I'll be moving March 1st.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I envy where your little efficiency will be! It sounds like a lot of fun.