Thursday, March 10, 2011

More of the Aurora

I've been on high alert lately to see more Northern Lights. I constantly check the prediction website to see whether they'll be visible from Anchorage. And I turn out all the lights in the house so I can stare into the sky to see if there's any trace of 'em. Yes, I know, it sounds a little obsessive. But I can't help it... I just want to experience them again! So you can image how excited I was when they reappeared last night. My friend Andi is nearly as obsessed with the Northern Lights as I am, so I called her to let her know they were out. We went to Bear Valley to watch them dance across the sky. It was unbelievably beautiful!!! Again, I can't even describe how magical it is!!!



Andi & Josh Bogorad with the beautiful Northern Light.,


We drove to the parking lot of the Chugach State Park where I was able to capture this shot. The Northern Lights weren't as vibrant once we got up there, but I still love this photo.

No comments: