The outpouring of love and support since Matthew's death has been amazing. My close friends came to my side immediately after I got to Georgia. I couldn't be more thankful for each and every one of them (you know who you are). One of my best friends, Stephanie, agreed to go with me to a spot that Matthew loved so very much -- Buck Bald Mountain in TN. I couldn't help but feel so very sad in that moment standing on top of the mountain, though, because Matthew and I had visited that same spot multiple times. To never be able to sit beside him and watch the sun set from Buck Bald Mountain... to realize that we would never share that again... I became overwhelmed with grief.

The sky this particular evening was unlike anything I had ever seen before, though. It was a blend of pink, purple, blue and grey. Stephanie & I stood on top of that mountain and watched as the storm clouds rolled along in the distance. We could see, smell and hear the rain as it blanketed the landscape. It was truly amazing. And I'd like to think that Matthew had a little something to do with that spectacular moment we were fortunate enough to experience.

I pray for the strength to cope with things that I don't understand, things that are out of my control
and cannot be changed...
2 comments:
You have no idea how happy I was to see your blog pop up in my reader again. And remembering again that morning hearing about Matthew's passing - I cried new tears for you today. Thank you for returning to blogland, you were missed! You ARE missed, always!
Awww, thank you! It feels great to be back! :)
It's crazy how many posts I had saved as drafts, but they just needed pictures added for me to finish them. I'm slowly catching up.
I MISS YOU, TOO!!!!!! And I love keeping up with how you're doing on your blog. It's amazing how fast the girls are growing up. They're so precious!!
Post a Comment