Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Turning 25

I am officially a quarter of a century old. Eeeeee!!!

It’s very exciting, when I think about what that means. Aside from the fact that my insurance rates now go down, and I can rent a car for a reasonable rate… Haha… I just have a good feeling about my 25th year.

There are so many GREAT things happening at this point in my life. And it just seems to keep getting better as time flies by.

Since this time last year, I have settled into a new place I call home -- the great state of Alaska -- a place that I truly love… a place where I wake up every morning with a smile on my face, thanking God for being so blessed.

I work for an amazing station with amazing people. My job is very, very fulfilling and I am constantly learning how to become a better storyteller. The people I work with are some of the best in the business, but it’s not an “all work and no play” setting. My co-workers love where they are and what they do for a living. It is very inspiring to be surrounded by others who are passionate about their work.

Plus, I have met some incredible people. Oh my… I’ve learned that friendships are about quality and not quantity. And I’ve realized just how important family is… because I took it for granted that I could drop in and see ‘em anytime I wanted. It’s a little harder to do that when you’re 4,300 miles away. I wouldn’t be half the person I am today if it weren’t for my family… especially my parents.

Ya know, I usually take my birthday off from work… but I did work today because I’ve been covering a weeklong health series focusing on breast cancer, but Bob took me to lunch, which was very nice. And after I got off work, I drove to Carolyn’s apartment to change clothes before heading to the AFC Fights. Bob is the emcee of the once-a-month event so we celebrated my birthday at the Fights. He had our table decorated for the occasion, and a big chocolate cake sat in the center. Very thoughtful!!

Photos from tonight...








Just a side note: On this day last year, I was in Homer, AK with Cherie & the gang… And it was on this day last year that I sat staring out at the Inlet & mountain range thinking how badly I wanted to live in Alaska...

My wish last year came true.
We’ll see if that's the case for this next year.

Here’s to 25!!!

1 comment:

War Eagle Atlanta said...

Happy late birthday, Lori! Sorry, haven't checked into your blog lately!

Seems like it was just yesterday when I was a junior in high school and you were born... :-)

gg