Wednesday, March 10, 2010

CJ's Visit

I truly believe that people come in to our lives for a reason. And with my friend CJ, that was no exception.

We first met when I lived and worked in Ellijay. I was trying to get a job with KTUU, but was working for ETC3 and had decided to do a week long series on the Bent Tree Tour of Homes -- CJ's house was one of the few being featured. I remember walking in to her home, meeting her, and then immediately being drawn to a couple of large Alaska landscape prints hanging on the wall. It turned out CJ and her husband love to travel and one of their favorite places to visit is Alaska. It was an instant connection. I told her about my plans to move. About a month later, I got the job in Alaska... but kept in touch with CJ. We hung out during my once-a-year trips back to Georgia, but I was ecstatic when CJ told me she would be coming to visit for a couple of weeks. I LOVE when friends & family come to visit because it gives me a chance to play tour guide and show off the great state that I now live in.

Despite the cold temperatures, we did a LOT in the two weeks CJ was here. We visited Iditarod Headquarters in Wasilla... attended the Iditarod Ceremonial Start in downtown Anchorage... got all dolled up for the Miner's & Trapper's Ball during Fur Rendezvous... and so much more.

CJ soaking up sun on Turnagain Arm.


For the majority of CJ's visit, the skies were overcast. So when the sun came out, we took advantage of it!




We headed to the Chugach National Forest (just a 10 minute drive from our house) to play in the snow.





No comments: