"Just make sure you take off that Channel 2 jacket before you go in," I overheard Leyla say to photographer Shawn Wilson. We were plotting how to get in to Providence Hospital without suspicion to interview the family of shooting victim Margaret Stroup who is still in critical condition.
I am typing this blog from the Providence Alaska Medical Center's free patient/visitor internet station. This is quite possibly one of the worst parts of being a journalist... staking out unsuspicious family members makes me feel like a vulture. The woman could die, for God's sake, and I have to try to get her family to talk about their grief? UGH.
Stroup's husband declined an on-air interview today, telling us he hasn't showered or changed clothes in three days. We did grab a couple of interviews from friends of the family.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment